Move Reports is excited to unveil its upcoming series of Webinar Events, specifically tailored for enthusiasts and professionals in the dynamic world of real estate.
These webinars offer a convenient and interactive platform for participants to gain cutting-edge insights, learn about the latest market trends, and engage with top industry experts.
Move Reports have joined forces with popular CPD speaker and solicitor, Lorraine Richardson from Adapt Law, to offer a new series of conveyancing webinars for 2024. The ‘Conveyancing Essentials’ series will cover common problems that conveyancers face every day in practice.
Lorraine will bring her usual approachable style to the webinars and will suggest practical solutions to the issues discussed.
The webinars will be useful for all residential conveyancers. They will be refreshers for more experienced colleagues and will cover important topics for those who have less experience to enable them to develop their conveyancing knowledge and skills.
The webinars will run from 11.30 to 12.30.
To contact Lorraine: email@example.com
11th MARCH 2024
AML for Conveyancing
All conveyancers have to complete anti money laundering checks, including client due diligence and ongoing monitoring of their transactions. In this webinar we take a step by step look at a conveyancing transaction and discuss the data available for AML analysis at each step. This webinar, drawing on the presenter’s book, The Law and Regulation of Solicitors: Client Money, aims to broaden the discussion of client due diligence and ongoing monitoring in conveyancing, by maximising the use of the information available.
The webinar will cover the following:
- Key steps in a conveyancing transaction, with an analysis of the types of information and data available, and how this can be used for AML purposes
- How to evidence ongoing monitoring in conveyancing transactions
- Relevant regulations from the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 (as amended)
- Relevant sections from the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (as amended)
- Featuring guest speaker Katie Jackson from Honne.
16th APRIL 2024
16th April – Water & Drainage
The drainage search is done on virtually every conveying purchase and remortgage. But when did you last consider the search result in detail? This webinar will cover:
- The detail of the drainage and water search
- What drains might be private?
- How to respond to an unusual search result
- Lorraine will use Move Reports water and drainage search as a template
14th MAY 2024
14th May – Rentcharges & Estate charges
Freehold developments increasingly include services which will never be adopted by the local authority, such as road and play areas. Developers are using rent charges as the means to secure the payment for these services by homeowners. This webinar will cover:
- What is an estate rent charge?
- What are the problems for conveyancers with estate rent charges?
- What enquiries should you raise?
- What do the lenders say?
18th JUNE 2024
18th June – Flooding, what should be doing?
Conveyancers do not need remining of the ever-increasing risk that flooding poses to homeowners – just looking at the news during the winter months highlights this devastating problem. This webinar will cover:
- What does the Environmental Search cover?
- Why do a flood report?
- The Flood Re scheme
- What should you report to your client?
- What do the lenders say?
- Lorraine will use Move Reports flood reports as a template